Grilled tropical fruit with brown sugar & lime yogurt
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Feeds 4 people
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup (280g) low-fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind, plus 1 whole lime to serve
- 400g fresh pineapple, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, cheeks removed, halved
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved crossways
- 8 strawberries
- Heat a small frying pan over low heat. Add the sugar and 2 teaspoons water. Cook, stirring, without boiling, for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until mixture caramelises and smells slightly burnt. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl. Stir in the rind and burnt sugar mixture and mix until combined. Refrigerate until required.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the fruit for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Cut lime into wedges and squeeze over grilled fruit. Serve with the yogurt mixture.
This recipe is Gluten Free.
Recipe Developer: Cathie Lonnie; Photographer: Ben Dearnley
Recipe supplied by WeightWatchers