Not only is it super tasty, the variety of vegetables in Slaw Galore is good for you. Dressed with good oils, fast to make and a vibrant antioxidant addition to many meals - barbeques especially.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Feeds 2 - 4 people
- 1 Corn cob, husks removed
- 1/2 a small white cabbage shredded finely
- 2 cups of baby rocket leaves
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced finely
- 1 small avocado, flesh sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 small bunch corridander, chopped finely
- 125g cherry or baby heirloom tomatos halved
- 3 tablespoon raw almonds, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped or fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place all ingredients of the desired dressing into a clean jar and shake well. Serve over the wholesome slaw. Store in fridge and use within 4 - 5 days.
Place the corn in a saucepan filled with lightly salted water set over medium heat. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 6 - 8 minutes.
Drain and allow to cool before cutting the kernels off the cob. Toss corn kernels, cabbage, rocket and chilli to mix.
Drizzle sliced avocado with lime juice.
Transfer slaw and avocado to a serving platter and arrange remaining ingredients on top. Drizzle the ranch dressing over the slaw. Toss well before serving.
Recipe by Martyna Angell