Spicy prawns with tzatziki
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Feeds 4 people
- 1kg green medium prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup (120g) no-fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 x 83g wholemeal Lebanese breads
- 1 Place prawns, coriander, parsley, cumin, paprika, turmeric and half the garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat prawns in herb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mint, remaining garlic and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Season.
- Place tomato, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Season. Toss to combine.
- Heat a large barbecue or chargrill on medium-high. Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Serve prawns with yogurt sauce, tomato salad and the bread.
To save on prep time and money, use thawed frozen peeled prawns. You can toast the bread on the barbecue alongside the prawns, if you like.
This recipe is filling and healthy.
Recipe Developer: Gemma Luongo; Photographer: Ben Dearnley
Recipe supplied by WeightWatchers