Tuna with Citrus Salsa
- 4 x 200 gram tuna portions, ideally 1.5 – 2 cm thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orange segments, cut into 2/3 cm dice
- 1 cup grapefruit segments, cut into 2/3 cm dice
- ½ cup lime segments, cut into 2/3 cm dice
- 1 small or half larger avocado, cut into 2/3 cm dice
- 1/3 red capsicum, cut into 2/3 cm pieces
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and lots of black pepper
- 2 handfuls rocket or watercress leaves
Brush the tuna with the olive oil and season well. Get the flat or char grill really hot and cook the tuna steaks over high heat to medium/ medium rare only.
Combine all other ingredients except the rocket or watercress in a bowl and gently fold without mashing the avocado or crushing the citrus segments.
Place a quarter of the leaves on four plates and top with the tuna and spoon a mound of the salsa beside it.
Recipe by Kim Terakes