Cure Cancer Australia Launches Cancer Research Awareness Week
27th May – 2nd June 2018
We Won’t Cure Cancer Without Research
- Cancer Research Awareness Week highlights the importance of supporting Australia’s brightest emerging cancer researchers
- Cure Cancer Australia urges Australians to 'Give it Up' for young cancer researchers
Cure Cancer Australia will launch Cancer Research Awareness Week this May; a national awareness week designed to draw attention to the importance of funding young, innovative cancer researchers across Australia.
Thanks to research:
1. We understand much more about cancer causes
2. Treatments for many cancer patients can be personalised to offer a greater chance of a cure
3. We can more readily detect cancer and catch it before it spreads
This year, we’re asking you to show your support for Cancer Research Awareness Week by ‘Giving it Up’ for young cancer researchers. Give it Up is a Regular Giving program that encourages Australians to give up one thing a month – be it a beer, coffee or treat – and make a tax-deductible donation of $10 per month towards life-saving research instead.
Cure Cancer Australia exclusively fund emerging researchers working across all areas of research and all cancer types. The pioneering ideas of these talented young scientists give us so much hope for the future. By signing up to the Give it Up regular giving program this Cancer Research Awareness Week, you will be joining us in our mission to help make this last generation to die from cancer. Sign up here: curecancer.com.au/craw
We are also encouraging people to:
- Download Cancer Research Awareness assets and share across your social media channels to help promote the week to your followers. Here’s some suggested copy for your post:
Cancer Research Awareness Week takes place May 27th – June 2nd 2018. What would you give up to cure cancer? curecancer.com.au/craw @curecancerau #CRAW #GiveitUp #CureCancer
- Share the Cancer Research Awareness Week Facebook event page and encourage conversation around the importance of funding cancer research.
- Snap a Cancer Research Awareness Week selfie using our custom-built frames. Please share your selfies on your social media channels and let Cure Cancer Australia know why you believe in the importance of funding young cancer researchers. Don't forget to tag @curecancerau and use the hashtags #CRAW #GiveItUp and #CureCancer.
- Businesses and organisations are encouraged to promote Cancer Research Awareness Week in communication to your database, encouraging people to ‘Give it Up’ by visiting www.curecancer.com.au/craw.
In addition, Cure Cancer Australia will host our annual Researcher Symposium and Researcher Showcase during Cancer Research Awareness Week. The Symposium brings together the Class of 2018 Researchers, providing an opportunity for them to share their work and encourage networking and collaboration. The evening event is a showcase of the Class of 2018. It is attended by Cure Cancer Australia supporters and researchers, and features presentations from some of our most esteemed alumni.
For more information on how you can support Cancer Research Awareness Week 2018, please contact email@example.com
One more thing...
With your help, we can continue to fund early-career researchers, who are working across ALL cancers and ALL areas of cancer research.