VOLUNTEER – Sydney Airport Community Christmas Giving Appeal
Cure Cancer Australia are delighted to have been announced as the official charity partner for the Sydney Airport Community Christmas Giving Appeal for the second year running. We are currently recruiting volunteers to assist us in raising money and awareness for our young cancer researchers who dedicate their lives to making this the last generation to die from cancer. Volunteers are required at both at the domestic and international airport terminals between November and December.
ROLE AND DETAILS
Purpose: To help raise money and awareness of Cure Cancer Australia at Sydney Airport. Your main responsibility is to provide great customer service to our donors. It is expected that you will help raise money and promote Cure Cancer Australia by communicating and engaging with the public in a friendly and open manner.
- Encourage donations through bucket collections around the terminals
- Encourage interaction with the ‘Tree of Hope’ (digital selfie activation).
Times: The campaign will run from November to December, 7 days a week including public holidays. AM or PM shifts can be selected to suit your availability.
Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to Cure Cancer Australia’s mission: Let’s make this the last generation to die from cancer!
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Able to follow directions and provide feedback
- Ability to provide assistance and information to donors where possible
- A basic understanding of customer service
On the day the Team Leader will provide a full induction, orientation and onsite training prior to the start of your shift. You will be under their duty of care throughout your airport shift.
For information on this role, contact Cure Cancer Australia Fundraising team on 0280726110, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to volunteer and haven't already signed up, please do so below: